Did you know? The Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program is a fully funded scholarship program for international students through the National Scholarship Program for the academic year 2024-2025. Through the National Scholarship Program, the Slovak Republic provides fully financed scholarships to international students for the 2024–2025 academic year.
Both master’s and doctoral students are eligible to apply for these grants. Those accepted will get up to €734 per month in stipend.
About the Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program
The National Scholarship Program was established in 2005 by the Slovak Republic’s government to promote the mobility of PhD candidates, international students, university instructors, researchers, and artists. The program is administered and funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
Benefits of the Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program
Living expenses are paid for by the National Scholarship Program to applicants for scholarships while they are studying, conducting creative or scientific research, or lecturing at Slovakian universities and research institutions.
- University students get 400 € per month
- Ph.D. students get 734€ per month
- Reimbursement of up to 250 € for costs related to medical examination
- Travel allowance: granted in a single amount, it will be given to the scholarship holder for their stay along with the final scholarship payment. The amount of the travel allowance is determined by the distance.
- 980 € with a Doctorate (or its equivalent) and less than ten years of experience working as a university instructor, researcher, or artist.
- 1 050 € and more than 10 years of work experience, along with a Ph.D. (or its equivalent as an academic researcher, educator, and artist.
Read Also: How to get a work permit in Australia
Eligibility Criteria for the National Scholarship Program
The following are the qualification requirements for the scholarship:
- Students at the master’s level or those who have completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same program at the time of application.
- Ph.D. students pursuing higher education or scientific training outside Slovakia and accepted by a Slovak public, private, or state university or research institution for academic mobility.
- University students currently studying outside Slovakia.
- Students planning to undertake a study stay in Slovakia as part of their higher education.
Who is not eligible for the Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program?
The National Scholarship Program does not support:
- Applicants who have spent 12 or more months in the territory of the Slovak Republic within the last 36 months.
- International students pursuing full higher education (bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral studies) in Slovakia.
- Applicants already receiving scholarships in Slovakia from other publicly funded programs.
Slovakia Government Scholarships Description:
- Scholarship Country: Slovak Republic
- Who is Eligible? International Students
- Host Institute: Higher Education Instructions of Slovakia
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Course Level: Master/Ph.D./Researcher/University Teachers
- Deadline Date: April 2024
Programs Offered in the Slovakia Government Scholarships
- Technical Sciences
- Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Informatics
- Security Sciences, Defense, and Military
- Agricultural and Veterinary Science
Required Documents for Slovakia Government Scholarships
Those who wish to apply for Slovakian government scholarships need to submit the following documents:
- Admission or Offer letter.
- Study Plan/Research Plan/Research Proposal
- Educational Documents (Results, Transcripts, Degrees).
- Academic Resume or CV.
- Statement of Interest or Motivation.
- Copy of Passport.
- Two Recommendation Letters.
Application Deadline for the Slovakia Government Scholarship
The Closing date to apply Online for the Slovakia Government Scholarship of the Slovak Republic 2024 is April 2024.
How to Apply for the National Scholarship Program
Applicants must fill in their online applications and upload all the required attachments in the required format to their online application.
Documents written in languages other than Slovak or English must be formally translated into those languages; this translation can be verified by the organization that originally published the original document.
After completing the application and attaching all necessary files, the candidate needs to click the “SEND” button to send the application. The original admission/invitation letter must also be delivered to SAIA, n. o. in Bratislava (SAIA, n. o., Sasinkova 10, 812 20 Bratislava 1). visit their official website to know more.
This document must be delivered at the latest on the 3rd working day after the application deadline until midnight.