Here is an application guide for the Eiffel Scholarships 2024 for international students, the eligibility requirements and important information you need to apply. The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship was created by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs to attract top international students seeking postgraduate degrees to enrol in French higher education institutions.
With this intention, the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship 2024 program provides annual training, for future foreign decision-makers in both the public and private sectors, in master’s and doctorate (PhD) degree programs. To this end, French higher education institutions are exclusively responsible for submitting applications.
In addition, the Eiffel Scholarships 2024 also provides internship opportunities for students to acquire professional competence. It also gives a chance to students to apply the skills and knowledge they received from their academic training. Interns receive assignments related to their study program. Furthermore, the host organization then approves these and students wishing to complete and internship must request and obtain an internship agreement from their academic institution.
Eiffel Scholarship 2024 Supported Areas of Study
Chiefly, the Eiffel Scholarships’ two main fields cover the following seven study areas for the postgraduate programs:
Science and Technology
- Biology and Health
- Ecological Transition
- Mathematics and Digital
- Engineering and engineering sciences
Human and social sciences
- Law and Political Science
- Economy and Management
- History, French Language and Civilization
Eiffel Scholarship Benefits
- For Master’s degree students: The Eiffel scholarship consists of a €1,181 monthly allowance (a monthly stipend of €150 in addition to a maintenance allowance of €1,031). Furthermore, the program provides health insurance, a round-trip international ticket and cultural activities.
- For PhD degree students: The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400. In addition, the program covers various benefits including a round-trip international ticket, health insurance and cultural activities.
- The Eiffel Scholarship Program does not cover tuition fees, rather the academic institutions are to provide students the best possible financial support.
- Students that are admitted to public higher learning institutions are exempted from enrolment fees as French government scholarship beneficiaries.
Eiffel Scholarships 2024| Eligibility Criteria
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program gives substantial opportunities to future international decision-makers of both the public and private sectors in important areas of study. Accordingly, there are requirements which applicants must meet that are below:
- Applicants must have obtained relevant certificates from institutions of higher learning.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Be up to 25 years old from developing countries at master’s level, and
- Be up to 30 years old from developing and industrialized countries at PhD level.
If you are an interested applicant, then be sure to follow the steps below:
Contact the Campus France office in your country of origin or the Cooperation and Culture Office of the French Embassy; both can advise you about your study plans. After that, contact the French academic institution or research organization. You can do this by visiting their website, sending them an email or telephoning their international relations office and inquiring how to apply for admission (including the date at which your application must be received). Inform them that you wish to be considered for an Eiffel scholarship.
Above all, understand that it is your responsibility to choose the best higher learning institution that best suits your academic study plan in France. Also, all French higher education institutions can nominate candidates for the Eiffel scholarships.
If the academic institution accepts and supports your application for the Eiffel Scholarships 2024, then it will file your application online to Campus France’s dedicated website. An application submitted directly by a student or an institution outside France will not be accepted.
Additionally, those interested can find the call for applications and other necessary information on Campus France’s website.
Please, remember that the program accepts only the applications that French higher education institutions submit.
- If you are a student that would like to learn more about the scholarship program, you can visit the Eiffel scholarship program webpage here.
- Institutions participating for the first time in the Eiffel program should contact the program anchor in order to download application files.
- Institutions that have already participated in the Eiffel program should receive an email concerning the download of application files, if that is yet to happen, contact the program anchor.
- Opening of the call for applications: October, 2023
- Deadline for the reception of applications by Campus France: January, 2024
- Publication of results will occur on April, 2024
To learn more, visit the Eiffel Scholarship Program’s official webpage.