If you want to know who had access to your emails, these steps can help you How to Check Your Gmail Login Activities and evade further challenges and know who is trying to invade your personal space.
Checking your mail has been made easier by Google, which on this hand is a major provider and one of the world’s most-used online mailing services.
Are you having a feeling that someone is snooping around on your emails?
Google’s activity tab shows the date, time, and device used for your last login, and this will guide you on what you are missing on and unauthorized access to your account.
We’re still going to talk about how to secure your account and protect it from future attacks and unwanted access.
Google has made it possible to check your last login activities and this can be done via your smartphone, PC, or desktop.
How to Check Your Gmail Login Activities.
Using Google’s Gmail Account, you have all other google services at your fingertips, from Youtube, Photos, Drive, Maps, Contacts, and the Google play store all at your service.
You should be concerned when your account has been compromised and bothered when your privacy has been tampered with because of your sensitive pieces of information that need protection.
Google has tried its ways of ensuring your account is safeguarded and your privacy kept secret for your use and eyes only.
However, we can’t be too sure and too careful about it.
That’s why Google provided the Activity page so we can serve as our own watchdogs and help further in protecting our privacy.
To check your Gmail login activity from your smartphone
kindly follow these steps;
- Open the Gmail App on your device, and click on the 3 vertical lines in the top-right corner.
- Go to the Settings
- After that Tap on “Manage Your Google Account”
- Then go ahead to click on “Manage your data and privacy
- Scroll down and Tap on “Web & App Activity”
- Then scroll down and hit on “Manage all Web & App Activity”.
- Scroll down further and you’ll see your past Google Activities.
- Including all the times You have logged in and the devices used to do so.
- Then you can do what you please with the information provided.
Note: There’s an option to sort your activities, you can simply select the “filter by date and products”.
With this option you can select a time range in which you want to see your Gmail Login activity, Now with these, you can see all the times, dates, and devices you logged in, and by tapping details you can see all the information displayed.
How to Check Your Gmail Login Activities on Your Desktop
You can also check your Gmail login activities on your desktop from the comfort of your home.
Simply follow these steps;
- Open your Browser, anyone of your choice
- Open your Google Gmail Account
- Enter your details correctly
- Now go and tap on Setting in the upper right corner
- Scroll down to the bottom right corner and you’ll see the last account activity
- Go ahead and click on Details.
- Youll will see all the times your account has been logged in and keep track of it
This includes the date, time, device, and location used to access your account.
How to Secure your Gmail Account Safely.
Securing your account is a priority because it contains your pieces of information and sensitive private data.
You can do these by setting a strong password and enabling a special security feature called Two-step Verification Authentication.
Two Step Authentication
This feature is an extra layer of security to your mail account, however, this feature is literally used in any other platform.
Meaning if someone already knows your password, they can access your account with the authentication code.
These are the steps you can take to ensure the verification process is a success.
From your Mobile Device:
- First Open the Settings on your device
- Search for “2-step Verification” in the Search bar.
- You’ll be required to enter your password
- After that click continue
- Also add your phone number as a backup option, in case you lose your phone.
- Then you can choose to receive the Verification codes via Voice call or text message
- Choose the option you want and tap send
- You’ll be prompted to enter the Verification code
- Enter the code you received and tap continue.
Using these Steps you have successfully added the 2-Step Authentication on your Mobile Device.
From Your Desktop:
You can also set the Verification feature using your desktop or Pc, kindly follow these steps:
- Firstly, Open your preferred Browser
- Log in to your Gmail Account
- Tap on the Profile Icon in the Top right corner
- Now go and tap on “Manage your Google Account”
- Now tap on the “protect your account” button
- After that, you can find the 2-step verification, then tap on Set Up
- You’ll be prompted to input your password, Then select continue
- Add your Mobile number as a backup option in case you lose your PC.
- Follow any given instruction and tap on Send to receive a verification code.
- Enter the verification code you received and click on continue.
- Lastly, Click on Turn on.
- Then finally, you have successfully activated the 2-Step Verification for your Gmail Account.
Reset Your Gmail Account Password
- First, go to the Gmail login screen on your device.
- Type in your Gmail address, or the account you want to recover.
- When you are asked to enter the password, go ahead and hit on the “Forgot Password” underneath
- Type in the last password you remember.
- If the password you inputted was correct, you’ll be logged in and redirected to Gmail.
- If the password is not correct, Google may automatically ask for a new password.
- Reset your password, and choose a strong password that you haven’t used before.
- Then enter the verification code sent to your recovery phone number.
- Moreover, you will be asked to add a recovery phone number and also email account.
- After completing these processes, you’ve successfully reset or recover your account.
Keeping Tab on Your Gmail Login History and Staying Secured
The Google Gmail login history is a good way to know if your account has been tempered and accessed by an unknown person.
It enables you to keep track of suspicious activities, and keeping an eye on your Gmail account can also help safeguard your sensitive pieces of information.
We hope this post helps you learn more about the above subject.
You can share, comment, and subscribe on this page for more updates.