This is a guideline on How to Access your Yahoo Mail Log Activity from your yahoo mail account.
At times, your yahoo mail account would have been compromised and hacked, the hacker would have sent spam mail to contacts in your address book.
we often look for the best way to safeguard our accounts from preying eyes, well we will be looking for the best way to find out who logged into your Yahoo mail account.
by using the section that contains your login history and activity, we can check on the recent activity and logs from your account.
let’s dive into it;
How to Access your Yahoo Mail Log Activity
- firstly, open your web browser and visit https://login.yahoo.com/account/activity
- Make sure you log in your details correctly
- When you have opened your Inbox, go to the menu icon
- if you are using the yahoo mail app, tap on manage accounts
- Tap on Account info, next is the Recent Activity
- You will see the list of locations (cities, Countries) from where your account was logged in last.
- If you find that your account was logged in from a location where you’ve not been to
- then change your password immediately
if you want more details about the IP address and time of logging in, go ahead and click on the devices and a pop-up will be displayed.
detailing the Ip addresses of the devices used to access your Yahoo Mail.
What If My Yahoo Mail Account was Hacked?
if you’re wondering what to do now your account was definitely hacked, you can follow these steps.
change your password
Try recovery password because if you can recover your password or change it that means your registration details are still intact.
- Sign in to the yahoo account security page
- Click change password
- enter a new password
- Click continue to save
- it will also require verification of email or phone number
- After that, you have successfully changed your password
2. Change your security questions and answers everywhere
Since you’ve been exposed it’s best you change your unique security questions.
It’s a headache, but by doing so could save you a huge loss in the future.
security questions are used to verify identity and gain access to your account without the help of email verification.
some security experts recommend you create random, unique answers to security questions that won’t be easy to uncover.
3. Enable Two-Step verification
If you want to be on the safer side, you have to opt for Two-step verification.
It’s the best form of account security widely used, this means that after you log in with your password, yahoo will text you a security code like an OTP.
Without completing the verification, no one will ever have access to your yahoo account.
The only person who has in-person access to your phone can access your account.
Before Deleting Accounts, Think Twice
It’s Tempting to wash your hands and cut ties with yahoo after such an egregious violation, But doing so can actually open additional security headaches.
That’s because when you delete your account, yahoo recycles your old email address.
Thus someone can spam every site out there with forget password requests and otherwise impersonate you.
its best advice and practice to turn on two-step verification before deleting the account
As you know yahoo said 3 billion accounts were attacked in 2013, that’s especially accurate because it was said that the attackers were relatively guessing what the passwords might be and got almost all correct.
yahoo users with relatively weak or obvious passwords should take precautions and strengthen their accounts.
And also know that if your account has been hacked you can contact yahoo desk support and have them reset and retrieve your account.
A nice precaution would be to add a recovery email to your yahoo account, so if your mail gets hacked, you can use your alternate email to reset your password.
What If My Yahoo Account is Blocked
if you are having difficulties with too many unsuccessful login attempts, your account may have been blocked.
this situation is an especially common problem on a mobile device version, the duration of your block is usually 12 hours.
However, if you can log in from your PC, you can potentially restart the Login process on your device within a few minutes.
Yahoo Browser Issues You can Encounter
Millions of users have yahoo.com as the homepage on their browsers, where they can easily access their email, news, weather updates, etc.
if the yahoo page suddenly stopped working properly, it’s not only irritating but also annoying and frustrating.
it can also mess up your workflow because we depend too much on it.
but here are the reasons yahoo doesn’t work on your Browser.
- The browser doesn’t display images or parts of the text
- when the browser loads very slowly and doesn’t load at all
- Check on your internet connection
- When clicking on the mail icon, it doesn’t respond
- Lack of Synchronization.
But here are the solutions;
- if your internet connection is strong and still can’t access your account, visit https://downdetector.com/status/yahoo/
- By deleting your browser’s cache, your browser can load faster, because not enough space causes the browser to lag
- Update your browser, you should once in a while update your browser to its latest version because it can leave you vulnerable.
- Yahoo mail was discontinued on windows 10, meaning it’s not available for that version
- if your account experiences some issues, on missing contact or messages contact the help desk.
- Don’t use your details for an Untrusted source, whatever you do online don’t use your account details on any site or link except the official yahoo website.
- Don’t use the same passwords for a lot of different accounts.
So, Therefore All the recent activities made by your account will be displayed, and most items will involve your login or session record.
so you can do whatever you want to do with the information since yahoo keeps track of these details.
this is the end of How To Access Your Yahoo Mail Log Activity, hope this information is helpful